Header Ads

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang names the only club he would leave Borussia Dortmund for

It’s hardly surprising that there are plenty of European giants interested in signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer.
The Borussia Dortmund striker scored 39 goals in 46 matches in all competitions last season and has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid or Manchester City.
With Mats Hummels and Ilkay Gundogan already leaving the Westfalenstadion this summer, Dortmund fans will be praying Thomas Tuchel can keep hold of the Gabon international over the coming weeks.
But it seems as though Dortmund supporters need not worry as Aubameyang has seemingly confirmed he is set to stay, despite naming the club he would be willing to join.
“The only club to leave Borussia Dortmund for is Real Madrid. But not now,” he told ZDF, per Eurosport.
“Sometime, I want to play for Real Madrid, which is one of my big goals in my career. But at the moment everything is great.”
The fact that Aubameyang dreams of playing for Los Blancos is hardly a secret. The 27-year-old has previously revealed the promise he made to his late father back in 2014.
"My childhood dream? To play at Real Madrid," he revealed.
"In 2014, before he died, I promised my grandfather who was from Avila, 110 kilometers from Madrid, that I would play there. It will be complicated, but it sits in a corner of my head.
"When I was a kid, I watched Hugo Sanchez videos. The backflip I sometimes do when I score is actually an homage to him.”
Despite Aubameyang’s constant comments suggesting he wants to play for the Bernabeu club, there have been some reports this summer claiming Manchester City are extremely interested in signing the prolific forward. Pep Guardiola has already moved to sign Spain international Nolito while they still, of course, have the world-class Sergio Aguero. But there's no denying that Aubameyang would be a fantastic signing for the Etihad club.
However, it seems that the Citizens are fighting a losing battle with the Dortmund star suggesting that only one club will whisk him away.
Whether Zinedine Zidane will act on Aubameyang’s comments this summer remains to be seen but don’t be surprised to see him fulfilling his dream by playing for the European Champions before he retires.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.