Header Ads

TOTTENHAM DEFENDER DISMISSES CLAIMS LINKING HIM WITH A MOVE, LOOKING FORWARD TO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL

Trippier

Tottenham full-back Kieran Trippier has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from White Hart Lane this summer.

The Daily Star claimed earlier in the week that Southampton had reignited their interest in the England under-21 international, after they tried to beat Spurs in the battle to sign him last summer.

However the 25-year-old right-back has said that he has no interest in leaving Spurs this summer and is targeting a spot in the first-team, after making just six Premier League appearances last season behind England international Kyle Walker.

“I have not heard anything,” said Trippier to the Daily Mail.


“I have been in Australia so I don’t know where all this came from. It has certainly not come from me. I’ve been down here just focusing on training and playing.

“I’m looking forward to the new season with Tottenham and playing in the Champions League. I am really happy at the club. We have great lads, a great manager and great staff all around the place and I am not thinking of leaving.

“I am so pleased I now have this second opportunity to play in the tournament [Champions League] with Tottenham. As a footballer you want play at the highest level you can and the Champions League would certainly tick that box. I now have that chance with Tottenham and I want to take that opportunity.”

The former Manchester City trainee, who joined The Citizens when he was just nine-years old, moved to Spurs for £3.5million last summer and signed a five-year deal.


Tottenham stars Alex Pritchard, Clinton N’Jie, Federico Fazio, Nabil Bentaleb, Nacer Chadli, Michel Vorm and Tom Carroll have all been told that they can leave Spurs.

In other Tottenham transfer news, Spurs are set to go head-to-head with London rivals Arsenal as both clubs look to secure the signature of Argentinian wonderkid Maxi Romero.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.